Enthusiasm for games meets enthusiasm for digital products.
Sviper was founded in 2016 and is based in Hamburg, Germany. Besides developing its own game – Super Spell Heroes – Sviper has been working together with successful publishers, creating memorable mobile games. In 2023, Sviper was acquired by The Sandbox and is since then supporting the company by developing and creating gaming experiences in the like named metaverse.
For us, games are more than the finest form of entertainment. They are technical marvels, magnificent art, intricate economies, lively communities, venues for self-expression, and exciting commercial items. All aspects of game development challenge our creativity, flexibility, and solution-orientation every day.
We embrace a no-politics, short-meetings, low-hierarchy work environment because we believe in our teams’ ability to provide the greatest results possible if they are empowered to do so. Our team members are responsible for tasks, not departments.
- Define, extend and maintain our core multiplayer systems
- Implement multiplayer gameplay features
- Debug, profile, and optimize our current online systems
- Share your knowledge, guide and mentor other team members
- Follow, define and improve best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Proactively taking initiative to solve issues
- Working in a cross-functional team environment
- You have experience in working with Unity’s Netcode for Entities
- You have experience in developing online games, client-server architectures and prediction
- You are used to deal with bandwidth and latency issues and low-level networking
- You know the challenges of developing games for multiple platforms
- You are proficient in debugging in network environments
- You like to work in a small team, be involved and give feedback on every aspect of the game you are working on
- You are not afraid to get into new tech/tools if needed
- You love to develop maintainable and re-usable code following known principles
- Hybrid working model – You are completely flexible. Whether you work from home or in the office – it’s up to you!
- Flexible working hours – We trust you to organise your 40 working hours how ever it fits best for you.
- Flat hierarchy – Our recipe for fast decision-making and result orientation.
- Sustainability – We care for the environment and use renewable energy from “Hamburg Energie Ökostrom”. We use recycled material wherever possible for office supplies. The office fruits are from local providers.
- Food & Drinks – We offer office fruits and drinks to contribute to your healthy nutrition and well-being.
- Team events – You are invited to participate in regular team events like cooking, board game evenings and joint breakfasts!
- 28 days of vacation (+ Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve)
- A Germany ticket paid for by us
- A bike (Job Rad) on top of your salary
- A contribution to your Urban Sports membership
- A company insurance against long-term disability (BU)
- And of course the mandatory fruit basket and free drinks in our office 😉