Enthusiasm for games meets enthusiasm for digital products.
Sviper is a truly agile, full-stack game development studio that pushes games beyond their core loop. For us, games are more than the finest form of entertainment. They are technical marvels, magnificent art, intricate economies, lively communities, venues for self-expression, and exciting commercial items. All aspects of game development challenge our creativity, flexibility, and solution-orientation every day.
Either for our own original IPs or in cooperation with the greatest partners in the industry, Sviper constantly strives to innovate. We push the boundaries of free-to-play as well as explore the thrilling challenges and opportunities of web3 for the gaming ecosystem.
We embrace a no-politics, short-meetings, low-hierarchy work environment because we believe in our teams’ ability to provide the greatest results possible if they are empowered to do so. Our team members are responsible for tasks, not departments. They are expected to be proactive.
Sviper was founded in 2016 by industry veterans and backed by renowned investors like Rocket Internet, MTG, and well-connected business angels. Sviper is operating from Hamburg, Germany, and is managed by Ole Schaper and Mark Buchholz.
Design, develop, automate and operationalize software updates with zero downtime
Build, automate and secure application configuration, auto-deployment, and provisioning of services and infrastructure
Measure and monitor application and Infrastructure health
Work with engineering and product to architect and build highly available, high- performance, and secure features
Create a fully automated global cloud infrastructure, that spans multiple regions Provide Level 2 technical support
Perform root cause analysis for production errors
Investigate and resolve technical issues
Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
At least 2 years of experience in a production environment, DevOps, or IT Infrastructure
AWS experience (RDS, Redis, API Management, S3, EKS)
Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment
Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture as well as containers concepts and orchestration
Hands-on experience with Kubernetes (+ if deployed on EKS)
Understanding networking and network virtualization is required
Experience in improving the performance of web applications
Good experience in building tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Github-Actions, etc.
Hand-on experience with IaC tools such as terraform
Working Experience in source control tools such as Git and Github Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience with Datadog
- Kubernetes certification
- AWS certification
- AWS Cost optimization
- Relational Database administration and operation
- Previous software developer work experience
- Experience migrating from monolithic to microservices architectures
- Hybrid working model – You are completely flexible. Whether you work from home or in the office – it’s up to you!
- Flexible working hours – We trust you to organise your 40 working hours how ever it fits best for you.
- Flat hierarchy – Our recipe for fast decision-making and result orientation.
- Relocation assistance We will help you to relocate to Hamburg with things like apartment searching, movement and visa support.
- Sustainability – We care for the environment. We use renewable energy from “Hamburg Energie Ökostrom”. We use recycled material wherever possible for office supplies. The office fruits are from local providers.
- Food & Drinks – We offer office fruits and drinks to contribute to your healthy nutrition and well-being.
- Team events – You are invited to participate in regular team events like laser tag, dragonboat, cooking, board game evenings and joint breakfasts!
- 28 days of vacation (+ Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve)
- A public transportation ticket (HVV) paid for by us
- A bike (Job Rad) on top of your salary
- A contribution to your Urban Sports membership
- We offer a company pension scheme (BAV)
- A company insurance against long-term disability (BU)